College Admission Advising
This is a very exciting time for young adults, with many options and tremendous stress and anxiety. I can help you reduce stress, stay focused and motivated and enjoy the process of gaining admission to a college that is right for you. I believe that there are many fine colleges/universities for everyone and that the more you know about them, the more likely you will find a good fit.
Having worked with students who returned home after their first experience in college did not work out, I understand the importance of comprehensive and thoughtful college advising. Helping young adults adapt to these situations and re-start, without feeling ashamed, is an important aspect of my work with students.
I can help you manage anxiety and stress while learning about your college options and developing your plans for further education.
I provide expertise in:
- Understanding your learning style and goals for college
- Understanding your unique situation after High School
- Reviewing High School coursework for college readiness
- Providing application and essay guidance
- Developing a list of target colleges which are appropriate
- Counseling throughout the admissions process including with college visits
- Helping to evaluate options after acceptance